Pages

Wednesday 16 June 2021

Family Tree

 

Today my class and I had to complete a fun activity, the activity was talking and asking your parents, grandma,grandpa what culture were their parents, trying to understand our ancestors and our past generations. As you can see by my family tree above, I am half caste, half Samoan and half Tongan from both my parents side. I got this information from my parents as they told me about my past generation and  ancestors because I have never met my grandparents as they had already passed before my time of birth. 
This activity is about getting us to know our past ancestors, generations and just trying to understand ourselves, where we are from and make us proud of who we are. I learned lots more about my past generations, what they were and more from my lovely parents.
Even though this task was very enjoyable it was quite a hassle creating the family tree and putting it in order but besides the hard-work I had an awesome time !

Don't forget to comment!
Thank you :)


6 comments:

  1. Talofa lava Deborah. It's awesome how you are half Samoan and Tongan. I know you and I didn't even know that you are half another culture. When did you know that you were half Samoan? I also had a conversation with my parents about my grandparents and great-grandparents. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo e lelei Milika. I knew quite a while ago but I just was not to sure, which is why I asked my parents about my great ancestors.

      Delete
  2. Fakalofa Deborah. It's awesome to see that your Samoan because I'm Samoan as well and it's good that you guys did this activit because you get to learn about your ancestors and grandparents. But was it hard at all
    ? and what did you enjoy about making this?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo e lelei Honor.
      This activity was not hard at all in fact it was the complete opposite. Something I enjoyed while completing this was talking to my parents about my past generation. I had an awesome time and bond with my parents while talking about my past ancestors :)

      Thank you Honor for a kind and thoughtful blog comment !

      Delete
  3. Talofa lava Deborah, reading the comments on your post your efforts have made some awesome connections with your readers, well done.
    I was in another school last week and we were learning about how to write thoughtful comments.
    We explored your blog, looking for good examples to help write thoughtful comments. It was really helpful to read the comments on this post. Thanks to Honor and Milika too for their thoughtful comments.

    Fa’afetai lava,
    Mrs Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mrs Grant,
      Thank you for using my blog comments as an example to show others how to comment using thoughtful words, I also think it's amazing being a role model for others.

      Thank you on your thoughtful blog comment Mrs Grant!

      Delete