Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

(Week 1) Day 1:Explorers


10 Food items i would take on an ocean voyage.

1.Canned baked beans - because it won't expire fast in fact did you know that canned baked beans can last for about 4 years and so it is a good thing so it can be saved for later.

2.Biscuit - it's good to take dry food on an island because it won't melt  and it taste nice.
3.Chips - because it has flavour last for a long time of period and also is in many different flavours for you to pick it'll be good for you.

4.Red sausage - you might be thinking that you have to cook the sausage? but not for this kind of sausage for this kind of sausage you can put it in the freezer or not either way it will still taste good.

5.Flour - because it never said no access to the electricity so flour would be great because it can never expire and you can cook muffin or pancakes or even whatever you want.

6.Sugar - sugar because you can use it with the flour and make it taste delicious or anything you want to make with sugar.
7.Fish - because you can cook it with the electricity they have and make it an islander food and make you feel good about it.

8. Taro - because even though its need to be in the fridge i will take it out and put it n my bag so then i can eat it will fish and that.

9.Corn beef - because you don't need it in the fridge did you know we just normally put it in the cup board.

10.Almond - Almond contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels.


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Deborah,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I liked the way you presented your 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage. Not being able to have a chilly bin or a freezer can seem like quite a challenge, so you definitely chose 10 good choices! I also liked the way you justified why you chose each food item. You definitely showed critical thinking. Ka pai.

    I think out of all the food on the list you mentioned I would definitely take biscuits. They would be able to last a long time and always taste delicious.

    If you had to take only one type of food from your top 10 with you on a voyage, what would you choose?

    Noho ora mai
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica nice to meet you my name is Deborah yes it is my first time on summer learning journey.i am not really looking forward to anything only just having fun.if i could only take one food from my item would be biscuits.

      Delete
  2. Hi Deborah, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the assortment of food and drink that you picked - do you have a favourite? I like the way you've colour coded the food/drink, perhaps next time you could put all of the information on a visual DLO or an infographic?! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather Collins nice to meet you my name is Deborah. I don't have a favourite but i would like to take biscuits sorry i don't really understand big words and by the way thank you for the advice

      Delete