Pages

Thursday 25 June 2020

My lockdown story

My lockdown story

In my lockdown I did my school work, had family time and me time. At first I thought lockdown was boring because we wouldn't have school but little do we know most of our teachers and students enjoyed lockdown because we can spend more time with family,sleep longer and have fun!
Lockdown for me was boring in the beginning and then quite fun in the end. My family and I went for walks and had dinner together, which I loved because we never ate dinner together before the lockdown.
Every morning I would wake up and go on my laptop to check if Mrs Tuakoi set us new work for the day, every day when I go on my laptop and do my work I not only just do the task because Mrs Tuakoi said but because I learn new things and I like learning new things.
Each day I would go to my auntie’s house for prayer at 9.00am and another at 3.00pm because it is my religion and I must respect that, besides it was fun because I learnt more about the bible.
I wouldn’t say i go for walks everyday but me and my sisters went for a walk just this one time at the mountain in Maungarei, it was tough going up but I managed and my sisters they were so tired but it only takes a motivational speaker for them to make it.
Each night we would have home made dinner, because the fast foods were closed, and not to lie my mum’s homemade food was delicious but most of the time she had work so sometimes we made dinner ourselves.
My mum,dad and some of my siblings were essential workers, they weren't a doctor or scientist but they were securities, you might be thinking that I said “all stores,airports and that are closed, well yes they are but they are not those kind of securities i mean they can work like that but mainly no, they stay at a site overnight and look after it until the morning.
Most of my siblings do their own thing at home, but we still go on our online learning classes because we want to get good grades and achieve our goals, it is always important to participate in all school activities even if you don't like it because you might actually enjoy it.
 If you were wondering what lockdown means, according to the internet the meaning of Lockdown means a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure. Also known as your own bubble.
This lockdown has happened to keep New Zealanders safe and away from the Coronavirus also known as COVID-19. While we are staying at home resting and spending time with family, all stores , airports and roads were closed, even our border. Essential workers were the only ones allowed on the streets for example Scientist, Doctors and more.
Before this lockdown everyone has been going to all the shops to stock as much food because the stores are going to be closed which I have already told you about.
Hand sanitizer , toilet paper  and face masks were running out , most of the people used face masks and hand sanitizer to help them with the Coronavirus.
Most people have been stuck in their houses for almost 2 months now because of the lockdown. The Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has been giving us updates on the Covid-19 and so as the news.

Writing by: Deborah.T



No comments:

Post a Comment